-->

March 22, 2008

NCAA Day 2 Thoughts

Finally . . . some HUGE upsets. San Diego over UConn (didn't see it coming), Western Kentucky over Drake (picked it correctly), and Siena over Tennessee (also picked it correctly) all sparked the beginning of the Cinderella talk.

Villanova busted my bracket by beating Clemson. I had the tigers moving on to the Sweet 16.

Davidson also fits that Cinderella mold. Stephen Curry is absolutely amazing. He had 40 points (30 in the 2nd half), with the defense keying on him the entire game. I'm expecting Davidson/Georgetown to be a great game , and wouldn't be surprised if Davidson pulls it out.

What a treat for the fans in Tampa. All 4 underdogs advanced from the same site for the first time in tournament history.

Congrats to my my Razorbacks, who move on to play #1 seeded North Carolina in the 2nd round on Sunday. North Carolina is the superior team, but that's the great thing about March . . . anything can happen.

Through round 1 I've correctly picked 25 out of 32 games. My Sweet Sixteen is still intact (except for Clemson).

What to watch in Round 2: 13. Siena/12. Villanova (Sun. 12:10), 7.Butler/2.Tennessee (Sun. 2:30), 13.San Diego/12.Western Kentucky (Sun. 2:40), 10.Davidson/2.Georgetown (Sun. 2:50), 9.Arkansas/1.North Carolina (Sun. 5:20)

No comments: