-->

March 30, 2008

Kansas Provides the Kryptonite

I refuse to use any Cinderella references when referring to Davidson. They proved they belonged on this stage. Stephen Curry shot a pedestrian 9 for 25, and yet the Wildcats had a shot to win the game at the buzzer.

Davidson's defense kept them alive, forcing 13 turnovers and holding the Jayhawks to 59 total points.

In the end the Wildcats shot themselves in the foot, shooting 5 for 12 from the foul line. Couple that with Curry's cold streak late in the 2nd half, and it was too much to overcome.

The "White Lobster" did his part to keep the dream alive, scoring 11 points in the 2nd half. In the end though, the Jayhawks were too athletic on the defensive end and forced Davidson out of their comfort zone just enough to pull out the win.

Many, including me mocked the "experts" for predicting four #1 seeds would make it to San Antonio. Well I guess I'm the idiot now.

I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight over this one, and I'll be missing Stephen in the Final 4.

Curry is human after all, Santa's not real, and Elvis really is dead . . . but we'll all dream again next March.

No comments: