-->

March 29, 2008

Forget Elite 8, It's Elite XC!

While North Carolina was busy becoming the 2nd #1 seed (please God, don't allow all 4 #1's to be in the Final 4) to advance into the Final Four this evening, my eyes were glued to an extremely entertaining MMA contest between Cung Le and the defending Strikeforce middleweight champion, Frank Shamrock. As I suspected Shamrock pulled an excuse out of the bag and quit on his stool following the 3rd round. It's a shame that this fight couldn't have gone on, because things were really heating up in the 3rd. Both men were rocked in the round, with Cung Le finishing the stronger of the two. On his way back to his corner, Shamrock dropped to his knees and the fight was ended early due to a "broken arm".

Shamrock is such an actor, I don't know what to believe from him. While I doubt the legitimacy of his injury, I certainly appreciate the spectacular fight.

Complete Play By Play Results Courtesy of Sherdog

No comments: