-->

November 14, 2007

Miami's Vice . . . Wade Returns

Gambling Horses is your home for a minute by minute recap of D. Wade's triumphant (hopefully) return to the Heat.

7:56 PM
Wade checks in at the 4:49 mark of the 1st quarter with the Heat trailing 22-12.

8:02 PM
Wade has yet to touch the ball after being in the game for a little over two minutes.

8:03 PM
Wade's first shot from the right corner is short. Wade looked quick and shot the ball with confidence on the step back jumper. It will be interesting to see Dwyane make a move to the basket. Will he attack the rim with the same reckless abandon as year's past?

8:05 PM
Wade's first points come off of two FT's after about 4 minutes of game action. Also Alexander Johnson has checked into the game. I see that Riley was as impressed as I was with Johnson's performance last night against Charlotte.

8:11 PM
This blog is now being hijacked by Alexander Johnson. I love the way he challenged Durant's dunk attempt. Johnson has provided me with something to smile about during this 1-6 start.

8:14 PM
Dwyane Wade hits a jumper and is looking surprisingly sharp in his first appearance. Oh, and just a side note, Smush Parker is horrible . . . just thought I'd add a thought about The Smush.

8:20 PM
Shaq and Wade are on the floor together for the first time, and what does the big man do? Turnover on his first touch since reentering the game. I understand Shaq is getting old and I don't expect him to play like it's 2003 again. But, does Shaq understand this? The key to aging gracefully in pro sports

8:28 PM
I lose focus for a few minutes and Miami's down by 18 with 4:36 left in the 1st half. As of right now it looks like the Heat will hand Seattle their first win of the season, and on a silver platter no less.

8:59 PM
O'Neal scores his first 2 points of the game 1 minute into the 2nd half. When your starting Center and supposed 2nd best player on the team goes an entire half with ZERO points, it's not wonder Miami's down by 20 to a winless team.

9:18 PM
Nice "and 1" finish from D. Wade. Some of the luster is lost however, due to the pathetic play from everyone else in a Heat uniform.

9:28 PM
The deficit is down to 12 at the end of the 3rd quarter. I saw an increase in intensity throughout the 3rd quarter, which at the very least gives me some hope for this season. If Riley wants any hope of winning this game, he absolutely MUST play Wade the entire 4th quarter. His presence on the floor is causing a ripple effect amongst his teammates. Great players are contagious, and I think you're seeing evidence of that tonight.

9:43 PM
Down 22 with 8:44 left . . . in all honesty, this is getting embarrassing. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Miami needs to give New York a call and see if they can take "Starbury" off their hands. I know times are tough when I'm actually asking for a player that I've despised since he entered the NBA.

9:45 PM
10 straight points, and it's down to a 13 point deficit. With about 7 minutes left, there's still hope, but I doubt we'll come out with a W tonight.

10:01 PM
A valiant effort by the Heat to make a comeback. Decent performances from Wade and Zo, but another night, and another loss. What else is new? Well, losing to a previously winless team . . . that's new. Looks like I'll be crying myself to sleep again tonight.

FINAL
Sonics 104
Heat 95

No comments: